If you want a defined artefact, delivered by a specific time, to a specified level of quality than Professional Services is the only way to achieve this. If, however, you are flexible, willing to learn as you go, are not time-bound, don’t require an SLA, don’t have strict quality requirements, happy to work in a collaborative manner, and use your own hands-on keyboard then a Solution Architect is the way to go.
Typical deliverables for a ProServe organisation would be:
- Customised Landing Zones
- These would include shrinkwrapped environments with guardrails, security policies, spend protection, base OS builds, standard monitoring apps.
- Security Integration
- Integration with a customer’s SOC, with automated logging, Single Sign-On, Configured Reporting.
Typical deliverables for a presales/adoption organisation would be:
- Learn by doing events that help the customer create internal buzz around the product
- Workshops on strategy, and methods of delivery, product selection, and solution design
- Review of deployed applications and environments to identify possible efficiencies or improved ways to deliver
- Can include a light level of solution underwriting
- Partner Selection
- Suggestions on suitable partners with domain and application experience that could work well with the customer.